2021 Winter Challenge
Color Challenge: Yellow!
Why yellow? It is generally considered to be a challenging color to work with, yellow reminds us of bright and happy things (the Christmas star, daffodils, sunlight), and yellow is a good neutral color. So the challenge is to create a yellow quilt… not just a quilt with yellow in it, but one that features the color yellow. Pretty much anything goes.
- Use as many fabrics as you like, in any colors. But in the end, we should be able to look at your creation and say, “That’s a yellow quilt!”
- Any method of construction is allowed: piecing or applique, paper piecing or string piecing. Any embellishment is allowed, including paint, beading, lace, ribbon, or embroidery.
- Put a 4” sleeve on the back of your quilt. Put a label on the back with your name.
- Garments, purses, and tote bags ARE eligible for this challenge. All entries must be quilted – 3 layers of fiber or fabric connected with thread.
- THERE ARE NO SIZE RESTRICTIONS!
- Due date: Entries will be accepted at any time, but Sunday, Feb. 28, is the LAST DAY to turn your quilt in to Winter Challenge chair Cynthia Felts, 815 Laurel Drive in Rolla. Whenever your quilt is done, call or text her (573-368-6363) to make sure she is home so you can drop off your entry.
- Your item must be available for display in March, April, and May 2021. The quilts will go to Uniquely Yours first and will be on the walls in time for the spring shop hop, which begins March 3. Voting for your favorite will be at the shop. Note that the Rolla Public Library is currently closed to the public, offering curbside service only. If the library is open in the spring, the quilts will be displayed there after Uniquely Yours.
Please participate. Let’s see if we can make this challenge the biggest and best ever. This project should be FUN and a CHALLENGE!
See all the beautiful entries at the link below!