Stash Buster Challenge – January through September
This challenge is designed to make us use fabric from our stash. Here are the rules.
- Only fabric on hand may be used. You may not purchase fabric for this challenge. Fabric purchased after January 1, 2021 may NOT be used in this challenge. Make do with stash fabric!
- If you need a different color or print, you may exchange an equal amount of your own fabric with a friend (or enemy depending on the fabric).
- Only batting and backing may be purchased, but make an attempt to find backing fabric in your stash.
- Quilt must be lap size (45” x 60”) or larger.
- Quilt much be completely finished by the October 7, 2021 meeting. Quilts will be revealed during Show and Tell.
- Let everyone in on your progress by having photos posted on the guild FaceBook page or website.
- Prizes will be given for the most fabrics used, most creative use of fabric and most original. Note, judging will be subjective but we’re used to that! Judges will either be imported or consist of your peers.
- You are on the honor system. There will be no quilt police barging into your sewing room. Have fun and win a prize!