There have been a few cancellations for Dana’s Stars on Stage class, so if anyone is interested in attending Saturday’s class it’s not too late to sign up. Contact Tina Paris by phone, text, or email and I’ll add you to the list. You can also sign up and pay the $15.00 class fee at the guild meeting on Thursday.
There’s an update from Dana to the supply list below so please take a minute to review.
Stars On Stage by Dana Moore
Quilt size – 74” x 80”
Join Dana for a full day class on her original design of Stars on Stage.
Dana will teach you how to make her original Braided Star Quilt Block.
Dana’s block and quilt were published in the Mod Block Magazine from
Missouri Star Quilt Company.
The Mod Block Magazine can be ordered or downloaded from here. If
you order the magazine the cost is $6.99 plus $5.00 shipping. It can also be downloaded for
Quilt Fabric List
• 1 package 10” print squares
• 6 1/2 yards background fabric
• Binding – 3/4 yard
• Backing – 5 yards (vertical seam(s))
The pattern was designed to use 10″ precut squares, which yield scrappier sets
of star blocks. However, it can easily be made from fat eighths, fat quarters, or
other yardage cuts.
Using these larger cuts will provide the opportunity for more controlled fabric
placement in the star blocks. Anyone who might want a less scrappy outcome
should leave the larger cuts intact. Or in other words, do not cut them into 10″
squares before the class.
General Supply List
• Sewing machine, cleaned, well-oiled and in good working condition with a new
needle, machine manual and tools, 1/4” presser foot, standard presser foot.
• Cotton thread and pre-wound bobbin.
• Seam ripper, pins, regular sewing supplies.
• Slide-on worktable for your sewing machine if you have one.
• Rotary cutter with new blade.
• Cutting mat. A 12” square or rotating cutting mat is helpful for trimming units.
• Rulers suited to project. An 18” or 24” for yardage cuts. Smaller rulers for trimming
such as 5 1/2” square, 2” x 6”, 2 1/2” x 8”, or similar.
• Ironing pad and iron.
• Wonder clips are helpful for keeping cut pieces organized.
Note: A cutting station and ironing station will be available to share.